Cultural Strategy 2019-2030
In June 2018, the process that would lead to deliver a Strategic Plan for Culture was initiated. It was an open and participatory process of analysis, consultation and strategic reflection that aims at structuring the local public policies until 2030 and has been the basis for the candidacy process of the city of Aveiro to become the European Capital of Culture in 2027.
Aveiro believes that this candidacy is a strategic process that cannot be limited neither by the memory of the past nor the celebration of the present. Instead, it leads to a shared vision and construction of the future based on the values of this European program:
- Preserve and promote culture diversity in Europe by enhancing shared similarities as well as the sense of belonging to common cultural area;
- Promote cultural contribution for a long term development for the cities according to their strategies and priorities;
- Reinforce diversity, outreach and European dimension of cultural offer in the cities, namely through international cooperation;
- Broaden access and participation in culture;
- Reinforce the capacity of the cultural sector and its connections with other equally important sectors;
- Enrich cities’ international profile through culture and arts.
We believe in this process of building a collective and shared vision for a sustainable, competitive and inclusive city.
- We believe that Culture and Creativity can be relevant engines for city development.
- We believe in the major role played by heritage and by the democratization of culture as a tool for active and engaged citizenship.
- We believe in the power of citizens creativity, both native Aveiro people and those who adopted the city as their own.
- We believe in the strength of networks and partnerships, either local, regional, national and international.
- We ambition a more developed, competitive, inclusive and sustainable city and region, where Culture is the centre of the collective living.
Consulte o dossiê da candidatura da primeira fase de Aveiro 2027, um processo que construímos juntos.
José Ribau Esteves – Mayor of Aveiro
Paulo Jorge Ferreira – Rector of the University of Aveiro
Salvador Malheiro – Vice-President of the Intermunicipal Community of Aveiro Region
Fernando Paiva de Castro – President of the Board of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the District of Aveiro
José Pina – Cultural Advisor, Programmer and Director of Teatro Aveirense
Sónia Almeida – Head of the Culture and Tourism Division of Câmara Municipal de Aveiro
André Costa – Head of the Economic Development and Entrepreneurship Division of the Aveiro City Hall
Carlos Martins – International Expert in the areas of Creative Economy, Tourism and Cultural Planning, Executive Director of “Guimarães 2012 – European Capital of Culture”
Filipe Teles – Pro-Rector of the University of Aveiro
Rosa Conceição Tomás – Adviser for Culture and Education of the Intermunicipal Community of Aveiro Region
Elisabete Rita – Executive Vice-president of AIDA CCI – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Aveiro District
President – Carlos Moedas – Former European Commissioner